Monday, September 19, 2011

Book Review: Catching Fire and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


So about a week ago I mentioned how I started reading The Hunger Games and how much of a fun read it was, well within the past week or so I finished both the second and third (and the last) of the trilogy, Catching Fire and Mockingjay, and was very pleased with my readings. 

Obviously I don't want to give anything away for any potential readers out there, but I will say this, the ending of the final book left me a little disappointed. I was kind of expecting this huge climatic ending that would go out in a blaze and glory and then settle down to tell the final ending and what happens after all the goings on and whatnots, but I was let down and given a somewhat un-climatic ending. Yes it ended on a somewhat good note, but it left me feeling like none of the characters really experience a true "happy ending" kind of end. Obviously not all people, and not all fictional characters, have a happy ending, but I was just expecting after so many trials and tribulations that there would be a little more light at the end of the tunnel. I felt like Collins almost was exhausted after writing all the books that she just ended it in a way that did not match the rest. 

Not to say that I didn't enjoy all of it! No, no, no, exactly the opposite, I enjoyed all the books and would highly suggest reading it if you enjoy adventurous fictional tales. 

Other than that I will leave you with these links for you to form your own opinion (and perhaps hear feedback from others on their out takes once finished with all three). 


I foresee these books becoming very popular after the release of the movie next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...