Saturday, January 28, 2012

Music Suggestion: Quartetto Cetra - "Crapa Pelada"

Aaron and I have recently started watching Breaking Bad (pretty awesome show, by the way, I didn't think I'd like it which is why it took me so long to finally watch it, but it's actually pretty good) and there is one character who at one point listens to this song by Quartetto Cetra, an Italian vocal quartet from the '40's. Italian language/culture/music/basically anything Italian, I love. I miss Italy everyday so this song just helps me feel a little closer to my Florentine home. 


"Crapa Pelada," according to Wikipedia, means "bald head." The rest of the lyrics in the song are a little bit older type of Italian, so it's hard to find a true translation of the lyrics, only Wikipedia was able to tell me what "crapa pelada" meant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...