Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Library: "Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything" by Joshua Foer


Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything by Joshua Foer

I bought this book not long after it first came out in March of 2011, started it once and never finished, until about a month ago when I picked it up again and started afresh and I am pretty glad that I did because it was a very interesting read. I have read a few negative reviews of the book on Goodreads and what I found was that people didn't seem to like the book because it read more like a long magazine article (which is what Foer did before becoming a book author), but in my own personal opinion that didn't matter too much to me. I was more interested in the information that he presented, the strange cases of memory loss, and the ways that competative memorizers memorize information. I also found it interesting that the ways that were presented in this book were apparently the learning of daily lives in olden times. The more modern we became as people, the less we taught people how to learn opposed to what to learn. It's a very interesting read but do not mistake it for a "self-help" type of book. While it does present ways one can memorize better, I do not believe it's main goal is to help people to memorize, even though you might assume that from the title (The Art and Science of Remembering Everything). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...