Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October In Review

Blogs I Found And Enjoyed:

Books I Read This Month:

Books I Plan On Reading:

Movies I Watched For The First Time:

  • Predators- Topher Grace? Yes, perfect choice. I love seeing him in movies, and then to see him in a Predators movies, total perfection. Loved it. 
  • Paul - Really liked this movie. I think they could almost make a second one and I would still like it, but I don't know if it was that popular, although I think it should of been. It was pretty funny and a good watch for sure.
  • The Quiet Earth - One of Aaron's movies (he gives lots of weird shit tries, even though I point out how crappy they are, he still watches it until he thinks it's bad, he has more patience than I do with that). I'll admit, I thought this movie really did not need to start with showing the main character's penis, but then again, what do I know about cinema. All I have to say, is it wasn't as bad as I was expect, but it still wasn't the best. Kind of slow and the ending didn't really make much sense. Nothing was ever really clarified.
  • MegaMind - Another fun and cute animated movie. Loved David Cross' character as the weird little fish. Too cute. 
  • Hellboy II: The Golden Army - Personally I thought it was better than the first and totally loved it, I hope they're going to do another. 
  • From Beyond - Now, Aaron and I didn't actually finish this movie (there was only about 10-15 minutes left when we stopped watching it), but boy, oh-boy, was this movie strange. From the creepy creatures, third eyes, and bondage (!?) it was one massive fest of "WTF!?"
  • Iron Man & Iron Man 2 - Now, I've seen more of Iron Man before, but I finally sat down and watched it fully, and then immediately watched the second one (thanks Netflix instant watch!) and decided I really liked it. Really excited for Avengers to come out, and for the third Iron Man as well. I was so inspired that I did a "Top 5 Reasons" post about Iron Man. 
  • Batman Begins - I know, I know, I watched them in the wrong order, but I was never even aware that this movie preceded The Dark Knight (FAIL!), but anywho, it was pretty awesome in how it linked with The Dark Knight. I love how it showed the importance of the city, and how the city itself was corrupt, which obviously linked very much into the next one. Cannot wait for the third installment, as I'm sure everyone feels.  
  • Green Lantern - I was mildly interested in this movie. The story was okay and all, but I feel like it's a movie that probably could of gone without being made. I mean Batman and Spider-Man, those are interesting stories, while Green Lantern is kinda weak in comparison, not that I didn't enjoy the movie. It had it's moments, but kinda surprised that there is talk of a second one. 
  • Captain America: The First Avenger - totally was into this movie, and obviously made me even more excited for the Avengers movie to come out. Love this time period in shows and movies, and how the main character, Steve Rogers, was some skinny nothing, and then all of a sudden is buff, tan, and incredibly strong. Only a comic book story, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...