Friday, January 20, 2012

My Library: "Ghost World: The Special Edition" by Daniel Clowes


Ghost World: The Special Edition by Daniel Clowes
Book - Amazon | Wikipedia | Goodreads
Movie - IMDbWebsite | Trailer
Author - Website | Wikipedia | Goodreads

In the comic book world I think there's nothing better than a story that tells the truth and reality of people (I mean there's only so many super hero stories one can take, ya know?!), so I must say that Ghost World fits that category very well. It seems to me that my life growing up wasn't as strange as I always thought it was, that my swearing like a sailor in my teen years/late adolescents wasn't odd at all. It's somewhat stereotypical, right?
One thing that this edition of Ghost World offers that others don't is the extensive background to the story and it's creation that it offers. Where characters came from and how Enid is a reflection of an actual person. In my opinion it's totally interesting to learn more about the story.
On a side note, for those who have seen the movie staring Thora Birch, Scarlett Johansson, and Steve Buscemi, I must warn you, the book and movie are very different from one another, so don't expect to get the movie from the book or the book from the movie. Just understand that while they are related, they are not the same thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...