Monday, July 8, 2013

Up to Speed

I know, I know, this is way overdue, I'm failing pretty hard at blogging my travel life and au pairing experience so far, so let's bring you up to speed. 
Since I have arrived here in January I have:

Been back to Florence.

Moved to Milan and in with my au pair family.



Been to London. 



Been to Stonehenge.

Been to Dublin.

Back to Rome.


Been to Lake Como, Venice, and Mykonos, Greece with new found Texan friends. 







Completed a language course with the Comune di Milano + more.

Taught American classiness to the girls.

Took a day trip back to Florence for a documentary premiere. 



Eaten my weight in gelato. 

Taught more American classiness for the 4th of July.

And now I am currently spending two weeks free from girls and work while they are at the coast with their aunt and grandfather. Two weeks from now we will all be heading out on holiday (long tour of Italy, spending most time in Sicily at a villa). 
I hope to divulge into each of these places/events that have taken place in upcoming posts, maybe inspire someone else to travel or decide to au pair as well. I have learned that au pairing is in no way shape or form an easy job, and anyone who says contrary is straight up lying to you, but I wouldn't change this decision if I could go back. It has it's hard moments and I've become quite homesick, but I think in the long run it'll be a decision I can be proud of. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...